We are in the midst of buying our first (and hopefully last) family home. It has been a 5 year journey to get to this point and it’s still not over #pleasehousegodsletitgothrough
Here is what I’ve learnt
- We are difficult to please – we must have seen 150 houses at least by now. I mean like actually booked viewings and been to see them. That’s a lot of hours of life. Nonetheless if the keys to our house are in my hand in a few weeks I will not regret a single thing!
- It was difficult to buy a house for children without having a child. Now that Monts has been able to be part of the process he has shown us the way to certain criteria such as a garden (we contemplated, even nearly bought) a flat with a roof garden, actually more like just a roof. Glad that one fell through!
- Phil and Kirsty are amazing. In the absence of being accepted into their programme we watched Location Location Location regularly for some property purchasing coaching.
- You have to save a LOT of money to buy a house. Manicures have been cancelled, we have a money logging app installed on our iPhones, we haven’t been on holiday for nearly a year. Oh woe is us you might think but before house purchasing we were away a LOT! Sacrifices!
- This period feels like a weird time warp between present and future as so much of our future hangs in the balance. Trying not to think too hard as it hurts my small brain.
I may dance around like a jerk and drink a lot of champagne if the deal finalises soon. Please please please please please.